Most homeowners struggle with their gardens because of clay soil. Such soil is thick, sticky and difficult to grow plants in. A little bit of clay in any kind of soil is not bad since it does have helpful qualities that promote plant growth. However, gardening soil or lawn soil consisting mostly of clay restricts plant growth.
Disadvantages of having clay soil:
- Clay soil is hard and plant roots cannot penetrate it.
- It is alkaline in nature and therefore prevents iron absorption by plants.
- It is compact and therefore reduces oxygen flow to the plants.
- It holds excess amount of water at times, thus causing drainage problems and forming puddles.
- It becomes extremely hard when dry.
Therefore, having a garden or lawn soil, which is predominantly clayey, restricts nutrients to plants and hampers plant health. Adding coco peat helps in overcoming the challenges posed by this soil and helps to improve clay soil quality.
Ways in which BioActive Cocopeat helps to improve clay soil:
- Retaining water within its fibres and releasing it in controlled amounts so that the soil is not too moist.
- Since it releases water whenever the moisture level is low, the soil never dries out completely.
- The acidic pH of coco peat helps to improve clay soil by altering its alkaline nature and thus making it easy for plants to absorb iron form the soil.
- BioActive Cocopeat is a good aerator. It loosens up the soil by incorporating air into it and breaks up the sticky texture of the land. The plant roots can then easily penetrate through the soil and reach deep underground.
BioActive Cocopeat is a great soil improver and conditioner. It is one of the best organic soil conditioners which can be used to improve clay soil. It makes nutrients available to plants and soon plants flourish even in clay soil. The plants grow up to be healthy, strong and your lawn looks lush and green.