Coco peat blocks are dry compressed blocks that have not been composted or bio-activated.
They have all the qualities of Cocopeat but you need to add water, fertilisers and beneficial microbes.
They are suited for making your own mixes.
Coco peat blocks are a dried compressed mix of fine and coarse material. They come in 5kg blocks which can easily be hydrated by adding water. The peat has a pH of around 5.5 to 6.5 and low salt levels, ideal for growing most plants.
- Improves water holding capacity up to 750 % by weight
- Promotes root development due to its high air/oxygen availability
- pH of 5.6 to 6.5
- Weed, pest and disease free
- Recyclable and from a renewable resource
- Effect are long lasting (up to ¾ years)
Coco peat blocks do not have any nutrients nor do they have beneficial microbes. These will need to be added.
- Recommended sources include:
- Thrive from Yates – Soluble All Purpose Plant Food, http://www.yates.com.au/brand/thrive/
- Garden Fertiliser Blend from Shades of Green – granulated all purpose garden fertiliser http://www.stocktech.com.au/products/ShadesofGreenGardenProducts.aspx